Thanksgiving at the Junction

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

The Junction Porch

Spring arrives when I spruce up the three season room, which  from here on end will be called "the porch".
When I purchased the new china cabinet for the kitchen, and moved my "old friend" out there, I found myself setting it up, cleaning it up and looking forward to the warmer weather. Last week I posted a sneak peek at my old friend - this week, I am posting the entire room. This time with a tablescape!

This is a before picture of the space
 where I moved my old friend.
The metal shelf shown here was always serviceable, but.....


This is my old friend in place.
What do you think? I love it!


Of course, I had to add some of my purple,
green and white dishes to brighten up the space.


Next on my list of spruce ups
 was the corner next to the table.
I tried to give it a feeling of more
privacy by using the dreaded Ficus tree.
I still like them as fillers
 - I know the decorators no-no.

Since it was time to add something
 a little better to that corner,
 I went hunting for just the right screen for that corner.
I found it, but there
was only one problem - it was black.
Easy to remedy - spray paint!
Okay - lots of primer and spray paint.


This is the corner bare.


Now that's better!
And yes, I'm keeping the Ficus tree.


The duckie seems to approve.


A view facing east.


and facing west.


A spruce up like this deserves
 a tablescape to celebrate!


Featured on a Raymond Waites tablecloth with
matching napkins is a mix of dishes.
I combined a Bordallo Pinneiro salad
bowl, a Pfaltzgraff soup bowl, a Target solid purple
dinner plate and finally a Bordallo Pinneiro charger.


A close up of the dish stack.
(Pardon the sun glare)


The floral centerpiece is a silk creation of my own.
It adds color year round, and the pitcher has been
with me for many, many years.


After all that work -
 a break for the lady of the house.


I found this tea set a few years ago
at Cracker Barrel.
 Purple is not an easy color to find.



I hope you enjoyed your visit as much as I have.
This week I will be linking to
Tablescape Thursday, Seasonal Sundays
and
Show and Tell Fridays
Click on the links to the right to
view other beautiful tablescapes


  



18 comments:

  1. Your table is stunning but your porch is a knockout! Just beautiful. You're very lucky. I think the Ficus is just fine, add some "twinkly" lights for nighttime and it will be stunning as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip Jackie - lights may just be the thing I need!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just voted this favorite porch post of the week. I love your porch with your old friend in it, and I think your table is just wonderful. This is an "inspiration post" for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous job! It looks like a happy place to be. I love the porch makeover and the tablescape is beautiful! Well deserved tea break my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful table setting. I love the floral arrangement on your table.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I love your porch room! So spacious! I've always wanted a screened in porch or sunroom sort of thing. You said it is a 3 season room-- which season is it not used? I'm afraid in Ok it would be too hot even in winter with all the windows creating a mini greenhouse effect-- at least that is what hub says--- but I still want one!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! You came! Thank you so much for sharing pictures of your beautiful home with us at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop :) Hope you'll join us again this Sunday starting at 5 pm PST.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I so love the corner and by all means leave the ficus. Your table is so amazing. I love the colors and the tablecloth is so grand in scale. What a beautiful pitcher. Happy Easter, do drop in, I'm hosting another giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE LOVE LOVE your tablescape! The purple and green colour combo is gorgeous. What a terrific idea to put a small bowl inside a larger one - fantastic effect and the ones you chose work so well together. The purple tea set is so striking in its colour and looks great on the tray. Your porch is totally inviting and with the sun streaming in, I'd love to pop by for a cuppa tea from the grape tea set!

    DD

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it! What a great porch, so comfortable! Hey, the "decorators" would have us spray all the brass, then in 2 years declare it in again!

    Oh that purple set is so pretty! Purple IS hard to find!

    The cabinet is perfect there. I know what you mean about getting anxious for porch sitting!

    Your tablescape is just lovely, I wish I could come sit there and enjoy a cup of coffee with you!

    Have a glorious Easter, many blessings to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG, your sun room is j ust gorgeous! It's so perfect! Love your tablescape too!...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh how beautiful. I love your sun porch. It is fabulous and you have every inch just perfectly decorated. Your hutch is wonderful in it's new home. Such a wonderful place to sit and relax. Your tablescape is fantastic also. Have a very Blessed Easter and thanks for the visit. Hugs, marty

    ReplyDelete
  13. I adore your sunroom/porch! What a great place to spend time...one day I want a space like that!! Love your cabbage bowls to pieces! I have the plates, now I'm going to be on the lookout for the bowls! Your table is so pretty..love the green and purple..so rich looking! Happy Easter!

    Miss Bloomers

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the pitcher in your thumbnail! Love the purple and green combo! Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG! What a grand sun room!, it's goreous, I totally love it! Do keep the ficus, the cabbage bowl are adorable and all the stock of plates and tbcloth too! Gorgeous tablescape! Enjoy it this Easter Sunday.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  16. First of all your transformation is amazing. But the depth of color on your table is beyond belief! Hope you're enjoying your Easter. Thanks for being a part of Seasonal Sundays.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fantastic porch! I love the pieces you have added! The big black hutch is just marvelous out there. What a beautiful table. I adore all of your purple and green. Those cabbage bowls are great and the eggplant pitcher is just wonderful. What a great place to gather, I would love that.

    Thanks for your sweet comments on my Easter Post. I hope you had a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your style - can I come over for tea and scones. The Cracker Barrel tea set is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete